The Town of Berlin has contracted with Onsolve to license its CodeRED high-speed notification solution. The CodeRED system provides Berlin officials the ability to quickly deliver messages to targeted areas or the entire town.
If your phone number is not in the database, you will not be called. One of the reasons the CodeRED system was selected is it gives individuals and businesses the ability to add their own phone numbers directly into the system's database, this is an extremely important feature.
ONLINE SIGN UP: No one should automatically assume his or her phone number is included. We urge all individuals and businesses to visit the CodeRED Community Notification Enrollment page and sign up immediately online. Click the blue box below.
NEED HELP AND JUST WANT TO FILL OUT A FORM?
- Download and complete this CodeRed Community Notification Enrollment form and send it to the Berlin Public Safety offices in one of the ways stated on the form and we can assist you from there,
JUST WANT TO CALL AND TELL US YOUR INFORMATION?
- Call Public Safety Administrator Sharon McGowan during regular business hours at (978) 838-7355 and Sharon can sign you up over the phone.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
- All residents
- All Berlin businesses
- If you want to know what's going on in Berlin - we want to tell you
- We are ESPECIALLY interested in getting this information from individuals who do not have a "land line" and who prefer to be notified on a mobile phone(s).
- And sign up everyone in the house who has a different mobile phone number.
- We also want to hear from you if you've changed your telephone number or address over the last year
- Anyone who uses a VoIP telephone number as a primary number
WHAT ARE THE CALLS ABOUT?
Any number of things, and things we can't think of but of an emergency nature:
- Evacuations and lock downs
- Extreme weather
- Missing and endangered persons
- Security alerts
- Other emergency situations
DOWNLOAD THE MOBILE APP
With the CodeRED Mobile Alert app – the nation’s most downloaded public safety notification app – OnSolve enables subscribers to receive these notifications directly to their mobile device whether at home, on the road, or traveling around the country.
These mobile push notifications deliver relevant, location-based alerts based on GPS location to ensure you receive critical information when you are in a CodeRED client’s jurisdiction.
HOW IT WORKS
CodeRED allows geographically based delivery, which means street addresses are required to ensure emergency notification calls are received by the proper individuals in a given situation. The system works for cell phones too, but we need to have an associated street address to provide relevant messages.
CodeRED gives those who want to be included an easy and secure method for inputting information. The data collected will only be used for emergency notification purposes.