The EDC was reactivated on Oct 25, 2016. As of the 2020 Annual Town Meeting, the sole appointing authority is the Planning Board. To apply for a vacancy on this Committee, please complete a Volunteer Application form and submit it to both:
- Planning Board at firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Economic Development Committee at email@example.com
Mission Statement (2-23-17)
- Promote and conserve commerce in and for Berlin’s business.
- Assist all businesses in understanding and complying with town regulations thereby streamlining the process.
- Support Solomon Pond and Highland Common malls to promote and preserve their tenant base.
- Represent the business community at the town level and increase communications between town officials and businesses.
- Create a forum for the sharing of ideas, resources and the development of educational programs to sustain Berlin’s long-term stability.
- Participate in regional meetings and forums related to economic development.
- Identify Federal, state and local programs which would be of benefit to the local business community or town government.
- Assist the Planning Board in implementing the Economic Development recommendations of the Master Plan.
Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation
Additional $668 million available to support businesses through new and existing programs.
Businesses can receive up to $75,000 but capped at up to 3 months of operating expenses. Grant amounts will be considered for actual expenses for 2020 during the pandemic. Expenses can be considered since March 10, 2020, given that it does not exceed 3 months of operating expenses evidenced by 2019 Federal Tax Returns.
To learn more, click here.
To subscribe or for more information: Click here (then click on Economic Development Committee).