The EDC was reactivated on Oct 25, 2016 and the appointing authorities are the Board of Selectmen and the Planning Board.
Mission Statement (2-23-17)
- Promote and conserve commerce in and for Berlin’s business.
- Assist all businesses in understanding and complying with town regulations thereby streamlining the process.
- Support Solomon Pond and Highland Common malls to promote and preserve their tenant base.
- Represent the business community at the town level and increase communications between town officials and businesses.
- Create a forum for the sharing of ideas, resources and the development of educational programs to sustain Berlin’s long-term stability.
- Participate in regional meetings and forums related to economic development.
- Identify Federal, state and local programs which would be of benefit to the local business community or town government.
- Assist the Planning Board in implementing the Economic Development recommendations of the Master Plan.
To subscribe or for more information: Click here (then click on Economic Development Committee).