Though the Board of Selectmen works as a committee to discuss, investigate and resolve issues that impact the Town of Berlin, there are often times when additional items are brought to our attention.
As a result of those smaller items, each Selectmen will take on those tasks to resolve. The Board of Selectmen is now instituting periodic updates we believe will enhance the breadth, quality and/or efficiency of town services provided to The Town of Berlin and its citizens. Listed below are initiatives each Selectmen has completed along with those that are underway.
As always, Chris, Lisa, and Peg welcome your ideas on these initiatives and any others you feel we should consider. You can reach the Selectmen at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to share with you the items we have been working on to date.
Voice of the Town
- Requests from multiple citizens to share their voice of concerns for SA Farms to Town of Northborough – Keefe
- Multiple homeowner issues regarding road concerns or water run-off issues resolved – Keefe
- The Town of Berlin was recently given the opportunity to have portions of our town buildings be part of a potential file request. Photographs were submitted along with discussions on part of the town history contained within these buildings – Stone
Additional Positions to the Town
As the Town continues to grow, there is a need to continually search for new talent to represent our Town.
- Drive to search and hire Counsel of Aging Director – Wysocki
- Drive to search and hire Highway Department Supervisor – Keefe
Ensuring Consistency for Town Processes and Housekeeping
- Accuracy and consistency for CORI Checks, confirmation of which positions require a CORI check – Keefe
- Review and release of multiple previous Executive Session Minutes – Keefe
- Re-engagement for Town Officers meeting, review of key items i.e.101 Budget reminders – Stone
- Resolution Personnel Issues and Oversight of the new Personnel Committee including updates version of Personnel Yearly Evaluation Form – Stone
- Completion of the Ambulance Hardship Write Off Policy for Town residents – Stone
Financial Oversight and Review of Historical Buildings
- Financial Oversight for 1870 Town Hall and Curatorial Building with help of monies received from Senator Tran – Keefe
- Renovation costs for Bullard House renovation – Keefe
- Data gathering for resolution of Department equipment Space Issue, i.e. storage of antique fire truck, cemetery equipment – Keefe
- Submission of grant to secure funds for paving of Town Office driveway – Wysocki