Public Hearing – Town of Berlin
In accordance with MGL Chapter 40, Section 56, the Board of Selectmen shall hold a public hearing on Monday, September 11, 2017, at 7:30PM in the Berlin Municipal Building, 23 Linden Street, Room 206, Berlin, MA. This hearing shall be held with the Board of Assessors for the purpose of discussing and determining the certified valuation of each class of property; the minimum residential factor; and the allocation of the tax burden among the four classes of real property: Residential, Open Space, Commercial and Industrial; and personal property.
Interested citizens may present oral or written views prior to or during the public hearing.
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Pole Hearing – Whitney Road
The Board of Selectmen will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, at 8:15 p.m., at the Berlin Town Office Building, 23 Linden St., to act on the joint petition of Verizon New England and Massachusetts Electric Company (NGRID) to locate poles, wires, and fixtures, including the necessary anchors, guys and other such sustaining and protecting fixtures to be owned and used in common by the Petitioners, along and across the public way(s): Whitney Road, in accordance with Verizon New England plan number 4A0UT6B dated July 11, 2017.
The plan may be viewed by clicking here or at the Selectmen’s Office during regular business hours.
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Berlin-Boylston School Community Survey
The Berlin-Boylston Regional / Union #60 School Committee is seeking input from staff and the community as it starts the process of selecting our next Superintendent. We invite you to complete a survey to provide your point of view as input to the process.
The results of this survey are being independently received and tabulated by the Massachusetts Association of School Committees on behalf of the School Committee.
The survey will close on Friday, September 8th.
To access the survey, please click on the following link:
Surplus Property Available
Having deemed the following listed property to be of no marketable resale value, but still hoping to avoid throwing the items out, the following audio/video equipment is available on a first come, first served basis from the Cable Access Committee television studios at the Town Office building. Arrange with station manager Brittany Blaney at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Cable Inventory List – click here
Multiple Volunteer Opportunities Available
Looking to serve? Multiple opportunities exist for volunteers in Town government.
Below please find a list of Board of Selectmen-appointed positions that are vacant. Those interested should submit a completed Volunteer Application form to the Selectmen’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Volunteer Application form is available by clicking here.
SELECTMEN APPOINTED BOARD/COMMITTEE VACANCIES as of 4/9/2018
- ADA Study Committee – 1 Vacancy – term runs thru 5/31/18
- Alt. Data Systems Coordinator – 1 Vacancy – term runs thru 5/31/18
- Cultural Council – 1 Vacancy – term runs thru 5/31/18
- Cable Access Committee -1 Vacancy – term runs thru 5/31/18
- Cable Advisory Committee – 1 Vacancy – term runs thru 5/31/20
- Finance Committee – 2 Vacancies – Moderator appointed
- Historical Commission – 1 Vacancy – term runs thru 5/31/20
- Insurance Advisory Committee – 1 Vacancy
- Personnel Committee – 3 Vacancies – terms run thru 5/31/18, 5/31/19 and 5/31/2020
- Christmastime in Berlin – 3 Vacancies – terms run thru 5/31/18
- Rail Trail Advisory Committee – 2 Vacancies
- Zoning Board of Appeals/Associate Member – 1 Vacancy – term runs thru 11/30/20
The process for filling Selectmen-appointed committee/board vacancies is as follows:
- Applicants express their interest to the Selectmen’s Office using the Volunteer Application Form.
- Completed applications received by the BOS office are sent to the board/committee chair for feedback from the committee with a copy to the selectmen membership.
- The board/committee may wish to meet with a candidate for an interview and to provide answers to questions a candidate may have regarding the committee’s mission, meeting schedule, and work load.
- The board/committee communicates its feedback or recommendation to the Selectmen’s Office.
- The Selectmen vote on the appointment.
Thank you for considering service to the Town of Berlin!
Request for Proposals – Bullard House Kitchen & Restroom Renovation Project
The Town of Berlin, MA is requesting proposals from licensed contractors with experience in renovations to and accessibility improvements for existing historical buildings in Massachusetts for renovations to the kitchen and restroom in Berlin’s Bullard House, a historic home under the care and custody of the Berlin Historical Commission.
Town of Berlin Community Choice Power Supply Program Consumer Notification
See this notification for more information.
2017 Mabel Felton Marble Memorial Scholarship
The Berlin Board of Selectmen is accepting applications for the 2017 Mabel Felton Marble Memorial Scholarship.
Applicants must be 2017 female graduating high school students residing in the Town of Berlin who are planning on continuing their education either at a college or vocational school.
Applications are available at the Guidance Departments at Tahanto Regional High School, Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, the Berlin Selectmen’s Office, and/or can be downloaded by clicking here.
Applications may be mailed to the Berlin Board of Selectmen, 23 Linden Street, Berlin, MA 01503 or sent via email to email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, May 11, 2017, at 2:00 p.m.
BERLIN BOARD OF SELECTMEN
INVITATION TO BID – Bituminous Concrete & Reclamation
The Board of Selectmen requests sealed bids, appropriately marked, for the following projects:
- Full Depth Pavement Reclamation – Approximately 9,000 sq. yd.
- Furnishing & Laying, completely in place, approx. 44,000 tons of bituminous concrete.
All bid prices shall be valid until May 1, 2018.
All bidders must provide proof of MASS Highway certification and must submit with their bid a bid deposit equal to five percent (5) of the amount of the bid. The bid deposit may be in the form of a certified check, bank treasurer’s or cashier’s check, cash, or a bid bond from a licensed surety company (G.L. c.30, 39M). Failure to do so falsifies the bid.
Specifications are available by request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bids may be submitted to the Selectmen’s Office, Berlin Town Offices, Room 206, 23 Linden St., Berlin, between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday or via US Mail. All bids must be received by Tuesday, April 25, 2017, at 1:00 p.m., at which time they will be publicly opened and read. The Board of Selectmen reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids in the best interest of the Town.
BOARD OF SELECTMEN
Clerk of the Works/Construction Consultant
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Town of Berlin, Massachusetts (“Owner”) is seeking a Clerk of the Works/Construction Consultant for the addition and renovations to the 1870 Town Hall which provide for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and contract signed between the Owner and Antonelli Construction Co. (Contractor) and dated December 7, 2016 regarding the Berlin 1870 Town Hall Elevator Project (Project).