35 Jones Road
Wednesday: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Transfer Station Personnel are authorized to require the opening of any container, including trash bags, for inspection. Failure to comply will result in loss of Transfer Station privileges.
2017 Berlin Household Hazardous Waste Day
Save the Date – Saturday May 20th, 2017
Berlin Household Hazardous Waste Day
For All Berlin Residents
May 20th 2017
TIME: 9:00 – 12:30
PLACE: TRANSFER STATION
WHO: BERLIN RESIDENTS ONLY
COST: $15 Min charge 1 gal or 1lbs
$35 up to 5 gal or 5 lbs
Over 5 gal or 5 lbs price TBD
Cash or check made to Town of Berlin
What to Bring
· Stains, Oil paints, Thinners & strippers
· Solvents & Varnishes
· Adhesives, Glues
· Waste Fuels (kerosene, gasoline, oil)
· Engine Degreaser, brake fluid
· Transmission fluid
· Poisons, Insecticides, weed killers
· Hobby and artists supplies
· Fiberglass resins, wood preservatives
· Chemical fertilizers
· Photo Chemicals, chemistry sets
· Cleaners, Spot removers
· Swimming pool chemicals
· Antifreeze, Motor oil
· Asbestos (must call 5 days prior to event)
What NOT to Bring
· Latex paint
· Smoke detectors, Radioactive waste
· Fire extinguishers, Propane Cylinders
· Ammunitions, fireworks, Explosives
· Prescription Medicines/ Syringes/Needles
· Commercial or Industrial waste
· Infectious & Biological Waste
TO ENSURE SAFETY, PLEASE
· Tighten caps and lids leaving materials in original labeled containers.
· Sort and pack separately: paint, pesticides, household cleaners.
· Avoid spills and do not place in a garbage bag.
· NEVER MIX CHEMICALS.
· Pack your vehicle and go directly to the Hazardous Waste Drop off area before dis-posing of household trash.
For more Information Call Paul Mikelk 978-838-2326 (Chairman Board of Health)
Transfer Station Sticker Fees
AVAILABLE STARTING JULY 1st – BERLIN TRANSFER STATION STICKERS for 2016-2017 [July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017]
Proof of residency and vehicle registration required.
STICKERS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BERLIN POLICE DISPATCH OFFICE 24/7 AND BY THE RENEWAL-BY-MAIL PROGRAM
CHECKS ONLY payable to the Town of Berlin.
Stickers must be permanently attached to vehicle.
- 1st Sticker for Household: $115 (if purchased before August 15th)
- Late Sticker Fee: $140
- 2nd Sticker for Household: $15 (3 stickers/household)
- Senior Fee (70 and over): $90
- Late Sticker Fee: $90
- Hardship Fee (as per the Assessors List): $70
All users of the transfer station, including those using Hudson Disposal must purchase a sticker.
Multi-family units and apartment dwellers must each purchase an individual transfer station sticker corresponding with their address.
To learn how to renew your transfer station sticker by mail, click here.
The Transfer Station will be CLOSED:
- November 24 2016
Fee Items CHECKS ONLY Payable to the Town of Berlin
|Television (large or console)||$35|
|Hot Water Heater||$15|
|Small Propane Tank||$10|
|Per Tire (large tires-more)|
|All other large or metal items are priced at TS Manager's discretion|
Items Accepted at Berlin Transfer Station
Municipal Solid Waste (trash) – Cardboard – Brown Paper Bags – Mixed Paper – Clear and Colored Glass – Tin/Aluminum Cans – All Recyclable Plastic – EPS (Styrofoam)/Packing Peanuts – Newspaper and Magazines – Car Batteries – Button/Alkaline/Lithium Batteries – Light Bulbs – Christmas Trees – Used Clothing – Tires – Books – Large Bulky Plastics – Ink Cartridges – Eye Glasses – Flags – Leaves, Yard Trimmings
Items NOT Accepted
Paint in Liquid Form – Brake Fluid – Anti-freeze – Building/Demolition Materials – Hazardous Waste – Oil – Solvents/Gasoline
Take it or Leave It Shed
- Removal of items for resale is strictly prohibited
- Items not accepted: microwave ovens, computers, televisions
- Additional rules available at T.I.L.I. shed