SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Town of Berlin, Massachusetts (“Owner”) is seeking a Clerk of the Works/Construction Consultant for the addition and renovations to the 1870 Town Hall which provide for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and contract signed between the Owner and Antonelli Construction Co. (Contractor) and dated December 7, 2016 regarding the Berlin 1870 Town Hall Elevator Project (Project).
The Project includes the addition of an elevator and associated site work, interior renovations and modifications to door hardware, as well as a foundation for a new Historical Curatorial Building.
The following web page contains some general background on the project: http://www.berlin1870townhall.org/elevator-project.html.
All associated documents available for public viewing can be downloaded with the following links:
The construction scope includes the addition of an elevator and associated site work, interior renovations and modifications to door hardware and other handicapped accessibility upgrades. Construction documents are complete; the project has been bid and a general contractor selected. Funding for construction is also approved.
Development Schedule: Construction is expected to commence April 2017 with a Substantial Completion Date of December 31, 2017.
The Clerk of the Works/Construction Consultant will represent the Owner on the Project site, including observing and recording construction progress and insuring that work conforms to architect’s plans and specifications. The position requires the consultant be skilled at the following:
- Reading and understanding architectural and engineering plans and specifications
- Keeping records of construction work performed, workforce on-site, materials and supplies, and delays and their causes
- Producing clear, accurate and organized reports and records
- Observing and recording compliance with approved change orders
- Reviewing applications for payments and maintaining records
- Working effectively with public leaders, specifically the 1870 Town Hall Building Advisory Committee, Historical Commission and the Berlin Board of Selectmen and attending meetings as needed to report on status.
The Clerk of the Works/Construction Consultant will be employed on a contract basis by the Owner but will work closely with the projects’ architect, Tom Chalmers of Austin Design, Inc.
It is estimated that there would be a need of between 10-15 hours per week depending the amount of construction activity taking place.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Respondents are requested to submit resume, fee schedule and a list of at least three (3) references by email to:
Mary E. Arata
Procurement Officer and Administrative Secretary
Berlin Board of Selectmen
23 Linden Street
Berlin, MA 01503